Historic, Historical Places, Interesting Places, Historic Settlements
Angera (Italian: [anˈdʒɛːra], Western Lombard: [ãˈdʒeːra]; Latin: Angleria) is a town and comune located in the province of Varese, in the Lombardy region of northern Italy. In Roman times, it was an important lake port and road station. Formerly known as Anghiera, Angera received the title of city from Duke Ludovico il Moro in 1497. The town is situated on the eastern shore of Lago Maggiore.