About Barbu Church
Religion, Churches, Interesting Places, Other Churches
Barbu Church (Norwegian: Barbu kirke) is a parish church in Arendal municipality in Aust-Agder county, Norway. It is located in the Barbu area of the town of Arendal. It is the church for the Barbu parish which is part of the Arendal prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Agder og Telemark. The brown, brick/stone church was built in 1880 using plans by the architect Jacob Wilhelm Nordan. The church seats about 500 people. It was consecrated on 17 September 1880 by the Bishop Jørgen Engebretsen Moe.