About Boydton Historic District

Historic, Historical Places, Interesting Places, Historic Districts

The Boydton Historic District is a national historic district located at Boydton, Mecklenburg County, Virginia. It encompasses 199 contributing buildings, 6 contributing sites, 6 contributing structure, and 2 contributing objects in the central business district and surrounding residential areas of the town of Boydton. Notable buildings include the municipal building (1905), the old jail (1870), the Beales, Bedinger, and Gregory, Inc. car dealership building (1918), Washington Tavern, Williams and Goode Bank (1908), Boydton Department Store (1935), Mecklenburg County Building Department (1949), Southside Regional Library (1939), Presbyterian Meeting House (1819), Saint James Episcopal Church (1840-1841), Boydton Baptist Church, Trinity Episcopal Church (1890s), "Cedar Crest" (1825), and "On the Hill" (1920), which was separately listed in 2015. Also located in the district and separately listed are the Boyd's Tavern and Mecklenburg County Courthouse.

Source From: Wikipedia
1232, Jefferson Street, Mecklenburg County, Virginia, United States of America, 23917

Nearest places in Boydton Historic District