About Church of Our Lady of Good Hope

Religion, Churches, Interesting Places, Other Churches

The Church of Our Lady of Good Hope is an historic Carpenter Gothic-style Roman Catholic church building located on a bluff overlooking the Mackenzie River in Fort Good Hope, Northwest Territories, Canada. Only 45 by 25 feet (13.7 by 7.6 m) in size, it was built between 1865 and 1885 as a mission of the Oblate Fathers. Father Émile Petitot, "renowned ethnologist, linguist and geographer of the Canadian northwest" was a resident of the mission from 1864 to 1878.

Source From: Wikipedia
Sahtu Region, Northwest Territories, Canada

Nearest places in Church of Our Lady of Good Hope