About Church of St Augustine, Clutton
Religion, Churches, Interesting Places, Other Churches
The Church of St Augustine is an Anglican parish church in Clutton Somerset, England. It was originally built around 1290, but much of it has been rebuilt since, and has been designated as a Grade II* listed building. The church is dedicated to St Augustine of Hippo.
The tower is made of red sandstone with diagonal buttresses ending in pinnacles and probably dates from 1726. The tower contains two bells dating from 1734, made by Thomas Bilbie of the Bilbie family.
Two railed tomb enclosures within the Broadribb family plot are also listed as Grade II, as are a group of three Broadribb and Purnell monuments.