About Elks Club Building (Tyler, Texas)
Historic Architecture, Architecture, Interesting Places, Other Buildings And Structures
The Elks Club Building in Tyler, Texas is an International Style building built in 1949. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.
It is a three-story, two-part commercial block designed by Tyler architect Carl A. Gregory (1903-1976) and constructed by Tyler contractor Hugh E. White. The local Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks club used its second and third floors for offices, dining room and ballroom, and let out the first-floor retail space, until the club sold the building in 1973 and moved elsewhere.