About Initial Point of Boundary Between U.S. and Mexico

Historic Architecture, Architecture, Interesting Places, Other Buildings And Structures

The Initial Point of Boundary Between U.S. and Mexico, Monument No. 258, was first established as a cairn of rocks in 1849 following the signing of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. A white marble shaft was manufactured in New York, transported around Cape Horn on the USS Supply to San Diego, and erected and dedicated at the site in Imperial Beach in June, 1851. The marble monument was an obelisk about 20 feet (6.1 m) in height, resting on a marble pedestal. On its top was an inverted acorn to symbolize the strength and stature of the California live oak tree.

Source From: Wikipedia
Playas de Tijuana Secc Monumental, Faro, Tijuana, Municipio de Tijuana, Baja California, México, 22504

Nearest places in Initial Point of Boundary Between U.S. and Mexico