About IOOF Building (Ashland, Oregon)
Historic Architecture, Architecture, Interesting Places, Other Buildings And Structures
The IOOF Building in Ashland, Oregon, also known as Oddfellows Building, is a two-story eclectic-styled building in "The Plaza" area of Ashland that was built in 1879. Historically its second story served as a clubhouse of the local International Order of Odd Fellows chapter and the ground floor provided specialty store space. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, for its architecture. From its construction to 1978, the building had served well in the active "Plaza" area of Medford, and continued in its original purposes. Behind the building, by 1978 there was a landscaped park area which had been extended from nearby Lithia Park, where there was once a mill flume.