About Lower Brandon Plantation
Architecture, Historic Architecture, Interesting Places, Farms
Lower Brandon Plantation (or simply Brandon or Brandon Plantation and initially known as Martin's Brandon) is located on the south shore of the James River in present-day Prince George County, Virginia.
The plantation is an active farm and was tended perhaps from 1607 on, and more clearly from 1614 on, so it is one of the longest-running agricultural enterprises in the United States. It has an unusual brick mansion in style of Palladio's "Roman Country House" completed in the 1760s, and was perhaps designed by Thomas Jefferson.