About Manitoba Legislative Building

Historic Architecture, Architecture, Interesting Places, Other Buildings And Structures

The Manitoba Legislative Building (French: Palais législatif du Manitoba) is the meeting place of the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba, in central Winnipeg. It was originally named the Manitoba Parliament Building, not Legislative. The neoclassical building was completed in 1920 and stands seventy-seven metres tall (253 ft). It was designed and built by Frank Worthington Simon (1862–1933) and Henry Boddington III, along with other masons and many skilled craftsmen. The building is famous for the Golden Boy, a gold covered bronze statue based on the style of the Roman god Mercury, or the Greek god Hermes, at the top of the cupola, or domed ceiling.

Source From: Wikipedia
Osborne Village, Winnipeg, Winnipeg (city), Manitoba, Canada

Nearest places in Manitoba Legislative Building