About Rimsting station
Industrial Facilities, Railway Stations, Abandoned Railway Stations, Historic Architecture, Architecture, Interesting Places, Destroyed Objects, Restaurants, Foods, Tourist Facilities
Rimsting station is a former railway station in the Upper Bavarian district of Rimsting on the Rosenheim–Salzburg railway in southern Germany. The first halt was installed in 1881 for the Bavarian King Ludwig II, who wanted to visit the construction site for his next palace, Schloss Herrenchiemsee. The present-day station building was erected in 1911. In 1981 the station was closed to passenger services; a siding is still in use for the delivery of liquid gas.
Since 2006 a cultural meeting place has been housed in the station building.