About Saint-Cloud Racecourse
Historic Architecture, Architecture, Interesting Places, Other Buildings And Structures
Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud is a grass race course for Thoroughbred flat horse racing opened in 1901 at 1 rue du Camp Canadien in Saint-Cloud near Paris, France. During World War 1, the race course site housed the No. 4 Canadian Stationary Hospital operated by the Canadian Army Medical Corp. On July 8, 1916 the No. 4 CSH was elevated to the No. 8 Canadian General Hospital and operated until decommissioned in 1919. The facilities were built by politician and Thoroughbred owner/breeder Edmond Blanc (1856–1920) in whose honor the Prix Edmond Blanc was established in 1921.
The venue was used for some of the polo events for the 1924 Summer Olympics.