About Santi Materno e Lucia, Lecco
Religion, Churches, Interesting Places, Catholic Churches
Santi Materno e Lucia is a Roman Catholic parish church and former Convente of the Cappuccini are located on Piazza San Cristoforo in the neighborhood of Pescarenico in the town of Lecco, region of Lombardy, Italy.
The church was originally dedicated to St Francis and commissioned, along with an adjacent Capuchin monastery, in 1576 by Cardinal Carlo Borromeo. It was consecrated in 1600. The monks remained in the monastery until expelled by the Napoleonic government in 1810. In 1824-1834, the church was refurbished by Giuseppe Bovara, and which led to a rededication to the two saints.