About Sheffield Farms Stable
Historic Architecture, Architecture, Interesting Places, Other Buildings And Structures
Sheffield Farms Stable was a historic stable located in Manhattanville, New York, New York. Designed by Frank A. Rooke, it was a six-story, light colored brick building with terracotta ornament. It was originally built in 1903 as a two-story stable building for the Sheffield Farms dairy, then expanded to its present size in 1909. It housed horses used for the delivery of pasteurized milk until July 1938. It was sold in 1942, after which it housed a real estate company, insurance company, and warehouse.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.