About Cathedral of the Holy Saviour, Luanda
Religion, Churches, Cathedrals, Interesting Places, Catholic Churches
The Cathedral of the Holy Saviour (Sé Catedral de Luanda) is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Luanda, Angola. It was built in 1628 and is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Luanda. In 1716 the headquarters of the Diocese of Angola and Congo was transferred from San Salvador of Congo to Luanda, which eventually led the church of Los Remedios to become cathedral. In 1877 it was in ruins, and restored between 1880 and 1900. At that time acquired the present appearance, as three doors and curved pediment on the façade.
In 1949 it was declared a Public Interest, when it was still part of the Portuguese colonial empire.
Source From: Wikipedia
Coqueiros, Travessa da Sé, Luanda, Luanda, Angola, 927