About Parc Montmorency
Gardens And Parks, Urban Environment, Cultural, Interesting Places
Parc Montmorency is a park located in Quebec City and home to Parliaments of Lower Canada, Canada East and Quebec from 1791 to 1883. It is named for Duke of Montmorency.
The site sits above the St. Lawrence River and bounded by Côte de la Montagne and Rue Port Dauphin. The last building was demolished in 1883 and in 1894 city opened it as Parc Frontenac.
The park is partially covered by trees with walkways and signs describing the historical importance of the site.
There are a number of cannons and several statues:
In 1949 the park was recognized as a national historic site.