About Tenterfield railway station
Industrial Facilities, Railway Stations, Museums, Cultural, Interesting Places, Other Museums
The Tenterfield railway station is an heritage-listed closed railway station and now railway museum located on the Main Northern line, Tenterfield, Tenterfield Shire, New South Wales, Australia. It served the town of Tenterfield and opened on 1 September 1886 when the line was extended from Glen Innes. It was the terminus of the line until it was extended to Wallangarra on 16 January 1888. The railway station was designed by William Murray under the direction of John Whitton, the Chief Engineer of NSW Government Railways, and built during 1886. It is also known as Tenterfield Railway Station group. The property is owned by RailCorp, an agency of the Government of New South Wales and was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 2 April 1999. The station has one platform with two loops.