About Old Mining Museum Building
Museums, Cultural, Interesting Places, Other Museums
The Old Mining Museum building is a heritage-listed former chemical laboratory and mining museum and now commercial building located at 36-64 George Street in the inner city Sydney suburb of The Rocks in the City of Sydney local government area of New South Wales, Australia. It was designed by Walter Liberty Vernon and built from 1902 to 1909. It is also known as Mining Museum (former), Earth Exchange and Sydney Geological and Mining Museum. The property is owned by Property NSW, an agency of the Government of New South Wales. It was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 10 May 2002.