Dubai is a very modern, even futuristic, city. But in Dubai, near a modern economy, you can discover a very old culture, which is really amazing.
I made a shortlist of my favorites things to do in Dubai, and here you are:
1.Visiting Dubai is the best opportunity to see alive its magnificent hotels, Burj al Arab (the only one worldwide ranked with 7 stars) and Atlantis The Palm. It is an experience, believe me.
2. Safari desert. Do not miss the occasion to take part in a safari desert. Driving a strong jeepon sand is a unique experience, a must for every newcomer in Dubai. Some offers include a night in the desert, in a bedouin village, when you are going to sleep in a traditional tent, nevertheless modern fitted. You will be invited to a traditional barbecue, and do not mention anything about entertainment: the traditional belly dance! Very exciting and adventurous.
3. Sand skiing. A new experience, a hot one. The imagination has no limits in Dubai. Watch the video below that shows a sample of this fun sport.
4. Indoor snow skiing – my favorite thing to do there, even if I am not too good at ski. And yes, you read it right, you can find snow skiing in the middle of the desert.
5. Surfing, beaching, swimming, snorkeling, and other watersports are very common and easy to discover in Dubai.
6. Camel racing. An ancient sport, very popular even today. Racing camels are very expensive, and these races are scheduled for every national celebration.
7. Horse riding. In Dubai, it is still to find a special bride of the horse, the Arabic. They are very nice, very strong, but easy to master.
8. Taking golf courses is one of the most popular things to do in Dubai cause they are quite cheap.
9. Shopping in Dubai is very special. You can find world’s most diverse wares at very good and competitive prices. Dubai is in my opinion a world shopping capital, having a few world known malls with excellent prices.
10. Visit the Jumeirah Mosque from Dubai, which is very spectacular and very modern. Usually a non-muslim may not inside this mosque; the only one exception is an guided tour.